Totally forgot to do this last week …
127 & 128. (May 7 & 8) Started my job and got settled in. I’m thankful to have a job, even just part time.
129. Went out on the town in Titusville with Paul (meaning we went to the Irish Pub and the bowling alley, since T-ville is such a happening place.) I’m thankful for good friends and good conversation.
130. Played at the THS alumni concert. It was really fun to see a bunch of people from high school after several years. I’m thankful for the chance to reconnect.
131. My high school friend, Patricia, got married. I’m thankful for fun weddings.
132. Saw The Great Gatsby with mom and went out for Mother’s Day dinner with the fam. I’m thankful for my mom!
133. Moved some stuff into the house I’ll be living in for the summer, and did some baking with my new roommate, Marie. I’m thankful to have a place to live!
134. (May 14) Got lunch with one of the editors at Relevant. I’m thankful to work with cool people (even though a few of them are leaving soon).
135. Skyped with Kathleen. It’s weird having to skype instead of just walk into her room. I’m thankful that I got to live with her for four years!
136. Went home for dinner and hung out with the fam and caught up with Trav over the phone. I’m thankful for getting to stay in touch with my friends from Jax.
137. Hung out with Hannah after her Pioneer training week. It was really encouraging and I’m so excited for her! I’m thankful for her friendship and her encouragement to me.
138. Watched my little brother graduate from high school. I’m thankful for him and that I’ll get to see him a lot this summer.
139. Visited a new church in Orlando. I’m thankful that there are a lot of good options to choose from.
140. Had a flat tire, which ended up being a good thing because I learned how to change it, and Marie and I resolved to learn how to do some basic car upkeep this summer. I’m thankful for learning new things.
120. Went over to Winter Park to interview for a job at Relevant. I’m thankful for job opportunities.
121. (May 1) Did nothing for the first time in a while. It was nice. I’m thankful for lazy days
122. Found out I got the job at Relevant! I’m thankful to have a job so quickly after graduation.
123. Went to the “senior blessing” for Will and the other high school seniors at the church. It was really nice. I’m thankful for my little brother.
124. Went back to Jax and then went out for a drink with Andrea and Lauren at a restaurant that had great live Spanish music. I’m thankful to have lived with them this year!
125. Played at my church in Jax for the last time, which was bittersweet. Hung out with Kathleen, Andrea and Zeke and had tacos to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I’m thankful for my church and friends in Jacksonville.
126. Packed up my room in Jacksonville and said some goodbyes. I’m sad to leave but thankful to have lived there for the last four years.
“If it is I who determine where God is to be found, then I shall always find a God who corresponds to me in some way, who is obliging, who is connected with my own nature. But if God determines where he is to be found, then it will be in a place which is not immediately pleasing to my nature and which is not at all congenial to me. This place is the Cross of Christ. And whoever would find him must go to the foot of the Cross, as the Sermon on the Mount commands. This is not according to our nature at all, it is entirely contrary to it.”
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer